Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Favorite Routines from Worlds (VT and UB)

I was planning on doing this post in the week or so after my Worlds post, and... well, you see how well that plan worked out.

Vault
Giulia Steingruber, Qualifications
She is just such a dynamic vaulter. I love the way she flies! It's also astounding that she made it to this point in her gymnastics so quickly in her return. Plus, a non-Yurchenko entry is always a bonus.

Jade Carey, Qualifications
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0CJ-koOQJs
Well, the video isn't available for embedding, so I'll just have to link it. Still a wild landing, but my oh my, that vault is gorgeous. It's just so easy for her!

Oksana Chusovitina, Event Final
What a gorgeous vault from the queen. She has cleaned up so much and it's just mind-boggling! I was definitely one of those people calling for the judges to overscore her into the gold! Ah, we can't have everything in life.

Ellie Black, Qualifications
She's not the cleanest vaulter, but I just love Ellie's work here. She just seems to fly. It's wonderful.



Bars
Diana Varinska
I love everything about this routine!! It is breathtaking and exciting and jam-packed! Just a fabulous set.

Anastasiia Iliankova, Qualifications
Look at the Hindorff+Pak+Maloney+clear hip 1/2+Ezhova combination! It's all that I love and all that I need. And she wasn't super close on the Shang here!

Elena Eremina
She just flies through this routine. Absolutely lovely. And the big combination work in the Nabieve+Pak+Chow 1/2! I just love gusty combinations like this.

Nina Derwael, All Around
There's so much flight in this routine! And so much intricacy! She just soars through this whole mind-blowing exercise.

Georgia-Mae Fenton Qualifications
Can you tell what style of bars routines I love? Once again, such breathtaking flight! And I love the different kinds of skills she has in combination!

No comments:

Post a Comment