Monday, July 21, 2014

Hello and Blogger Survey

Hi anyone who may come along! Welcome to Modern Gymnastics Musings! I'm mainly looking for an outlet for all my thoughts on gymnastics, especially including my musings about the COP and how to improve gymnastics for the future, but also including team predictions, competition reviews, etc. I'm not a gymnast, my only experience being the most basic rec classes possibly in existence which weren't even held in conjunction with a gym and were set up in my school's cafeteria. However, I love the sport. I might make an occasional RG post, but I haven't watched much RG since the new Code was released and the sport went to pot.

As a "get to know me" type thing, I decided to do a quick survey of my "favorites" in gymnastics:

Favorite gymnast: Chellsie Memmel
Favorite currently competing gymnast: Kyla Ross
Favorite gymnast from outside Big Four: Oksana Chusovitina (she's competed more not for the USSR than she did for it)

Favorite team: Yep, the US. Being patriotic. I also love GB, Canada, China, Brazil (have you seen their juniors!?), and basically everyone else.

Favorite event to watch: Beam. Under the current Code, bars.
Favorite vault: Yang Yun 2000 Olympic TF
Favorite close-bars routine: Nellie Kim 1980 Olympic EF
Favorite wide-bars routine: Ruby Harrold 2013 Worlds Q
Favorite beam routine: Li Li 1993 Worlds AA
Favorite floor routine: Oh, gosh- I'll go with Ksenia Afanasyeva 2012 Olympic Q

Favorite leo:
source: intlgymnast.com

I'll go with this one. Love the blue and red. Other favorites include the Pikachu leo and Ferrari's red one. I'm totally down with the shoulder cutouts.

Bonus RG- Favorite rhythmic gymnast: Irina Tchachina

So, welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment