Friday, December 26, 2014

Fantasy Gymnastics Journals: Drafting

Tomorrow (or the day after, depending on which date the site lists is accurate) is the last day for drafting. I thought I'd share my draft with you and my thought process. It's my first year doing Fantasy Gymnastics, so I'm kind of all over the place. But whatever, that's the fun, right?

Here's my draft at this moment. I could probably edit it nonstop until the deadline if possible, but this should be essentially the draft I send in:
  1. Lloimincia Hall
  2. Rheagan Courville
  3. Kytra Hunter
  4. Erin Macadaeg
  5. Kristina Vaculik
  6. Beka Conrad
  7. Georgia Dabritz
  8. Jessie Jordan
  9. Abigail Milliet
  10. Brenna Dowell
  11. Tory Wilson
  12. Brandie Jay
  13. India McPeak
  14. Lindsay Mable
  15. Chelsea Tang
  16. Caitlin Atkinson
  17. Alina Cartwright
  18. Kennedy Baker
  19. Elizabeth Price
  20. Alex McMurtry
  21. Samantha Peszek
  22. Chayse Capps
  23. Haley Scaman
  24. Katie Bailey
  25. Bridget Sloan
  26. Stephanie Giameo
  27. Brittni Watkins
  28. Brittany Rodgers
  29. Kelsey Morris
  30. Nina McGee
  31. Hollie Blanske
  32. Chelsea Davis
  33. Cierra Tomson
  34. Amanda Jetter
  35. Jessie DeZiel
  36. Amanda Wellick
  37. Sidney Sanabria-Robles
  38. Hallie Mossett
  39. Makenzie Johnson
  40. Rachel Updike
  41. Kaitlyn Clark
  42. Caitlin Brown
  43. Talia Chiarelli
  44. Bridgette Caquatto
  45. Nicole Artz
  46. Lisa Burt
  47. Aja Sims
  48. Mary Beth Box
  49. Taylor Harrison
  50. Ericha Fassbender
  51. Corrie Lothrop
  52. Rachel Spicer
  53. Halle Moraw
  54. Danusia Francis
  55. Nicolette McNair
  56. Rebecca Clark
  57. Silvia Colussi-Pelaez
  58. Ashley Gnat
  59. Madeline Gardiner
  60. Christine Peng-Peng Lee
  61. Allison Northey
  62. Rachel Daum
  63. Lauren Beers
  64. Krystal Welsh
  65. Britney Ranzy
  66. Ciera Perkins
  67. Grace Williams
  68. Kamerin Moore
  69. Cami Guyer
  70. Tenille Funches
  71. Erin Buchanan
  72. Kailah Delaney
  73. Ivana Hong
  74. Sachi Sugiyama
  75. Charlie Owens
  76. Becky Tutka
  77. Giana O'Connor
  78. Sarah Landes
  79. Haley Watts
  80. Natalie Vaculik
  81. Taylor Rice
  82. Jennifer Pinches
  83. Desire' Stephens
  84. Alie Glover
  85. Memory Shettles
  86. Brittany Stover
  87. Alyssa Nocella
  88. Shelby Hilton
  89. Sami King
  90. Becca Druien
  91. Taylor Bolender
  92. Diana Walters
  93. Luisa Leal
  94. Meghan Pflieger
  95. Nicolette Swoboda
  96. Alyssa Tucker
  97. Gina Locigno
  98. Kalliah McCartney
  99. Jesse Williams
  100. Karen Tang
  101. Jessica Howe
  102. Caroline Morant
  103. Claire Boyce
  104. McKenzie Wofford
  105. Natasha Sundby
  106. Mary Jane Horth
  107. Lauren Feely
  108. Kara Lovan
  109. Morgan Reynolds
  110. Sophina DeJesus
  111. Alicia Gallarzo
  112. Bri Guy
  113. Lexi Cappalli
  114. Angel Metcalf
  115. Emma Sibson
  116. Sydney Hoerr
  117. Morgan Traina
  118. Kayla Williams
  119. Jordan Naleway
  120. Brianna Gades
  121. Dominique Pegg
  122. Allie Salas
  123. Morgan Steigerwalt
  124. Carissa Kraus
  125. Keeley Kmieciak
  126. Hannah Nordquist
  127. Maile'ana Kanewa
  128. Samantha Lutz
  129. Samantha Shapiro
  130. Kayla Weber
  131. Lauren Ross
  132. Majesta Valentine
  133. Breanna Hughes
  134. Ashlyn Broussard
  135. Savannah Borman
  136. Erica Brewer
  137. Bianca Dancose-Giambattisto
  138. Stephanie Miceli
  139. Sydney Ewing
  140. Jessica Savona

My draft is essentially "I want you on my team, I don't care what the stats say," all arounders, and "Hey, you're from ASU and you're decent." And NO ARIZONA GYMNASTS ALLOWED. Because why not bring team bias into Fantasy?

My top ten is probably where you see my frenzied thought process the most. I started just sort of putting down gymnasts I liked/had heard of. As you can see, Mincie is first because she is fabulous. I also have Erin Macadeag in my top 5 because ARTISTRY! Then I went all arounder crazy. See Rheagan Courville, Kytra Hunter, and co. Now- I'm just sort of going for it. I'm more open to gymnasts on two or three events than I was when I was all arounder crazy.

I'd be shocked if I didn't get Beka Conrad. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if I'm the only person playing with her in the top 10. Again, go Sun Devils! Perhaps I should move her down a bit, I might not want my first-round spot to go to her (assuming my top 5 all go first round before me)....
Update: I have moved her down to 24th. Will still be shocked if she's not on my team.

Having India McPeak so high is probably stupid, but whatever. She was in my top 10, so this is me showing restraint.

Silvia Colussi-Palaez also had quite a drop. I had her in the top 5 because I thought (and still think) she'd be fun to have on a team, and I also think she'll have bigger standout potential at Oregon State, but she never scored over 9.75, so....

In a way, I wonder if I should even have Bridget Sloan and Sam Peszek in my draft since they're so low, but why not, they'll just skip over them anyway.

With The Gym Twins being so gung-ho Lindsay Mable in all their discussions of drafting, I'm assuming I also have no chance at her on the team.

I'm being pretty reckless with my freshman. We'll see a) how many I get, and b) if that spells absolute disaster. I'm a little leery of Price, seeing as she has some sort of injury something, but if I do keep her in the top, I can always trade her (assuming I get her) if I decide it isn't worth the risk after the draft is over. I'm also assuming Abby Milliet will be a star for Auburn this year, so I'm keeping her toward the top.

I've been giving strong beamers higher spots, because there will never NOT be a need for a consistent beam worker.

I was VERY conscientious in my top 50. 51-70 also got a very high consideration. After about 85, it was just sort of "you go in this general area."

No comments:

Post a Comment