Thursday, January 1, 2015

Fantasy Gymnastics Journals: My Team

I'm in the Western Athletic Conference.

Kristina Vaculik
Erin Macadaeg
Stephanie Giameo
Sidney Sanabaria-Robles
Katie Bailey
Beka Conrad
India McPeak
Rachel Updike
Makenzie Johnson
Lisa Burt
Charlie Owens
Haley Watts
Cami Guyer
Sarah Landes
Tenille Funches
Stephanie Miceli
Alyssa Nocella
Alie Glover
Memory Shettles
Halle Moraw

There are some standouts (hello, Kristina Vaculik) and a bunch of supporting all arounders. At least I shouldn't be scrambling to find routines. Most average in the 9.75-9.8 range, but it's better than a zero.

I got Beka Conrad. No surprise. She'll be bars and beam mostly, but she can be good backup too.

Kristina Vaculik and Katie Bailey are my top all arounders. Vaculik's bars especially will be key to my team's scores, but she scored 9.9 on all events last season.

India McPeak also made it onto my team. Again, I am not surprised. I'm hoping she can be a good addition to the Wolverine beam lineup. She has some exciting skills there.

Speaking of beam, my consistent beamer strategy paid off. It's my deepest event.

Erin Macadaeg makes my other freshman. She was on vault and beam at the LSU preseason, so she's got good momentum for at least two lineups. I'm really excited about having her, and I really hope she's added to the floor lineup as well. But it's LSU, so who knows.

Halle Moraw should be a star of my floor lineup. She consistently scores 9.85 or higher, getting a lot of 9.9+s last year. Stephanie Miceli will be a staple of my bars and beam lineups, so my whole ASU-gets-in strategy was a fair one.

I'm not expecting to win anything, but it's my first year, so whatever. I got a lot of gymnasts I wanted, so I'm happy about that. It should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment